The PHILCO Phorum
You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Printable Version

+- The PHILCO Phorum (https://philcoradio.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Various and Sundry Categories (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Other Radios (Non-Philco) (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio (/showthread.php?tid=10680)

Pages: 1 2

You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - NostalgiaRadioTime - 10-05-2014

Any guesses as to the year / make of this set?

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - BrendaAnnD - 10-06-2014

Definitely an Emerson, that's their logo.

http://www.radioatticarchives.com/radio.htm?radio=4904

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Jayce - 10-06-2014

My late friend had a beat up one of these sitting out in one of his bulidings for a few years. Not sure if it is still there or not. Guess it worked fairly well and he kept it because he figured no-one wanted it.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Radioroslyn - 10-06-2014

Hey Greg it's an Emerson FJ-412 radio/78 player from 1942.
Terry

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - NostalgiaRadioTime - 10-06-2014

Woo Woo Woo!! Thanks, Terry.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Radioroslyn - 10-06-2014

The Emerson is a little odd in that most the Three Stooges favor Zenith sets. Have seen an AK cathedral and maybe a Philco cathedral .
Terry

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - BrendaAnnD - 10-07-2014

The difference between what the props department had around and getting paid to represent a company.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Squire - 10-23-2014

Doesn't quite look like a regular publicity photo because Moe and Larry have normal hair and not Stooge hair. Moe's is combed back and Larry's is combed down.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - BrendaAnnD - 10-24-2014

That's what I'm saying. This wasn't a Three Stooges promo, but an Emerson ad featuring the Stooges.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Squire - 10-24-2014

Sorry, somehow I missed what you were saying. Must have read it too fast or something. The Stooges seem a strange choice for radio ads since they weren't radio stars. I've seen Emerson ads featuring Abbott and Costello which makes more sense.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Paul Philco322 - 10-25-2014

Calling Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine...... nifty photo. Columbia pictures had a deal with Zenith to feature their sets when the scene needed a radio. Many Columbia pictures including the Stooges showcase Zeniths. I watch the reruns for the high brow entertainment as well as the nifty decor, cars, radios, fashions....

Paul

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - PhilcoJohn - 10-27-2014

I really Loved the Stooges........Used to watch them every sat and sunday when I was young.. Laugh a mile a minute. Where and why did all those shows bring a smile to our faces? Time was different,family ment everything! Where did we go wrong? How about I Love Lucy There was another show that was funny and great. What shows do you all miss guys!!!

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - BrendaAnnD - 10-27-2014

It's About Time, Car 54, Where are You?

But there's no need to miss them anymore. Icon_smile I have them on DVD.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - PhilcoJohn - 10-28-2014

Yeah Brenda that was a good one to. Also Kojack (WHO LOVES YOU BABY), Emergency....A lot of good shows back then. Now everything is reality shows. Just crap on TV now.

RE: You'd have to be a stooge to like this radio - Eliot Ness - 10-28-2014

I love the Three Stooges too.  I'll never forget the icy stares I received at the tire store waiting room because I had changed the channel to the Three Stooges.... I guess they wanted to watch soaps or one of the judge shows.... but I was alone in there when I made the switch.

As for shows from the past.... The Untouchables (of course), Amos n' Andy, and Leave it to Beaver reruns were some of my favorites.