The PHILCO Phorum
Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Printable Version

+- The PHILCO Phorum (https://philcoradio.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Philco Radio Discussions (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Philco Cabinet Restoration (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Using Gojo Creme on veneer (/showthread.php?tid=11852)

Pages: 1 2

Using Gojo Creme on veneer - TheUniversalDave1 - 03-16-2015

I watched a guy on YT do this to his rather nasty looking Philco, and I was amazed with the results! The Gojo Creme is about $2.00 for a good sized jar at your local auto parts store. It cleans the veneer right up! I highly recommend it. Just get a soft cloth and a small helping of the stuff and gently rub it with the grain on your Philco's veneer.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Art Hoch - 03-17-2015

which auto parts store?

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - OldRestorer - 03-17-2015

Non pumice right?
Works great!

Kirk

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - TheUniversalDave1 - 03-17-2015

I got it at O'Reilly. They have pumice, but I did not want to use that in case it would scratch.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - sdradioman - 05-28-2015

I just did this with my 40-180. I don't have a before picture but this is the after. I love it and would recommend it to anybody. Works GREAT!

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - TA Forbes - 06-03-2015

"Washing" a cabinet with go-jo is a great way to remove the years of attic dirt. It gives you a better idea just what condition your cabinet is in and whether or not you want to refinish. 

I have had many cabinets that literally "came alive" after being cleaned with go-jo. 

NEVER use the go-jo with pumice on a cabinet!!

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - KCMike - 06-03-2015

I also use the go-jo first on any cabinet I get that looks promising, no wood damage that needs repair etc.. Have had good luck with it.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - klondike98 - 06-03-2015

I"ve used it on grimey chasses as well.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Art Hoch - 06-13-2015

Found some at a NAPA store.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Dan Walker - 07-12-2015

I found it at Wallmart in the automotive department. [[hand cleaner]

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Fred Taylor - 07-12-2015

Is GOOP the same stuff? Looks the same and smells the same. Its gojos competitor, I found Goop at Walmart, they didn't have gojo. I use it for my hands. Haven't tried yet on wood cabinets.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - sam - 07-12-2015

Yes  goop is same thing as gojo

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Edisla - 07-12-2015

I'm assuming that these success stories are on cabinets that were pretty much perfect and just had years of grime build up.

My first to radios were a disaster and Gojo would have done nothing.

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Fred Taylor - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 10:42 PM)Edisla Wrote:  I'm assuming that these success stories are on cabinets that were pretty much perfect and just had years of grime build up.

My first to radios were a disaster and Gojo would have done nothing.

Yes its just for dirt, wax build up? , grime , grudge, grease, grit, finger prints, oil, latex paint, crayons, ink, ant piss, dust, lite water marks, bullet holes, cigar burns, cigarette burns, dryed whiskey, spilt soda, beer, tea, coffee, also repels spiders , roaches, piss ants, silverfish , etc. Icon_wave Icon_wave Icon_wave Icon_wave Just messen around Edisla Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy

RE: Using Gojo Creme on veneer - Squire - 07-25-2015

I use Non pumice Goop and 0000 steel wool.  I just cleaned up a 46-1203 last night and it came out looking great!  In fact I think I'll change my avatar from the refinished 48-1256 to the original finish 46-1203!