The PHILCO Phorum
In My Dreams - Printable Version

+- The PHILCO Phorum (https://philcoradio.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Philco Radio Discussions (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Philco Home Radios (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: In My Dreams (/showthread.php?tid=14877)

In My Dreams - Art Hoch - 07-01-2016

Just realized I had a dream a couple of nights ago with a BIG Philco in it...possibly a 37-610.  As you may remember (I'd be surprised if you do), I divested myself of my radio collection a couple months ago.  It's a different feeling not having all that radio gear around (except for 2 I kept). 

At any rate, I guess the withdrawal is going well, but having a dream with a radio in it claims part of my brain still.  Don't know what the occasion was that I was inspecting this very nice set, but whether I acquired/bought/stole/or otherwise...it resulted in a "to be continued" dream segment.  I suppose these kind of REMs will remain with me the rest of my days.  If so, it's OK! Icon_smile

BTW, still not finding everything after our move to a smaller place.  I think our auction claimed some items that were not supposed to be included.  Icon_eek  

RE: In My Dreams - TimC - 07-01-2016

Hi Art
Sorry to hear of your withdrawl.
Funny how stuff creeps into dreams..
Find anything smaller to collect? Just kidding

Take care

Tim

RE: In My Dreams - morzh - 07-01-2016

Here's an idea.
Start collecting bugs. From the radios. Ask everyone to send you all the bugs found in old radios. Icon_lol
Bugs only. No dead mice or stuff like that.
Although this is likely to become spider collection - I have not found any other critters inside. Icon_lol

RE: In My Dreams - Phlogiston - 07-01-2016

(07-01-2016, 02:34 PM)morzh Wrote:  Here's an idea.
Start collecting bugs. From the radios. Ask everyone to send you all the bugs found in old radios. Icon_lol
Bugs only. No dead mice or stuff like that.
Although this is likely to become spider collection - I have not found any other critters inside. Icon_lol

OH, but I have!

RE: In My Dreams - Arran - 07-02-2016

I found a rodent in my 1975 Chrysler Newport, a black rat caught in the tried and true Victor brand rat trap I put in there. I have yet to find a dead rodent in a radio, the closest I have found was bits of manure. I have found lots of dead spiders, maybe one or two live ones, I once found an dead spider and a dead yellow jacket in the same radio, I wonder who won?
Regards
Arran

RE: In My Dreams - leftwing25 - 07-02-2016

(07-02-2016, 04:06 AM)Arran Wrote:   I found a rodent in my 1975 Chrysler Newport, a black rat caught in the tried and true Victor brand rat trap I put in there. I have yet to find a dead rodent in a radio, the closest I have found was bits of manure. I have found lots of dead spiders, maybe one or two live ones, I once found an dead spider and a dead yellow jacket in the same radio, I wonder who won?
Regards
Arran
Sounds like it ended in a draw. Icon_e_confused

RE: In My Dreams - gregb - 07-02-2016

I have found the usual, lots of spiders but the different things found have been a mouse skeleton, one chassis full of dog kibble, and the best one, three $5 bills folded up and hiding in the chassis.

Gregb

RE: In My Dreams - Ron Ramirez - 07-02-2016

When I see this topic title, I think of this...

[Video: https://youtu.be/-SAM3AZDKYg]

RE: In My Dreams - GarySP - 07-02-2016

Hi Art!  Glad you're  keeping in touch.  See, the radios are all still with you, in the recesses of your REM mind.
I had a strange sort of dream earlier this week as well.  I was having a discussion with a neurosurgeon.  He was explaining a surgery I needed to consider.  He told me without the surgery I would certainly die.  However, with the surgery I would survive, but have absolutely no memory of anything in my life - period.  I woke before I made a decision in my dream.  However, in my awakened state I decided I would rather die with my memories than survive with nothing.  Kind of a disturbing dream,  but I guess the mind has ways to remind you that memories are worth living for.  Take care, Gary.