Thanks Big Dave,
I just picked up the unit today. upon closer inspection I found the following thusfar:
- Mouse nest in the TV section, removed that before the TV was moved.
- Plenty of droppings in the bottom of the cabinet under the record player. Cleaned them out as well.
- Discovered that the previous owner for whatever reason attached light bulbs on wires to the antenna connections in the back of the unti in 2 different areas, why I have no clue...lol
- no back plate was on the TV
- TV circutry was not locked down in the back of the unit.
- The record on the turntable is one of those flimsy paper records you would find in a Mad magazine.....lol
- Looks like it was in a small flood, when looking under the unit it seems water made it to just under the speaker in the bottom of the unit and the veneer is seperating from the unit in the lower portion. Wood in general is not horrible but definetly needs to be cleaned up. The upper portion of the unit is in fairly good shape.
- No door is attached to the unit by the TV section. Looks like someone filled it in with wood putty where the hinge was at the lower portion of that part of the cabinet.
- Plenty of rust is on the TV circutry metal box.
- Looks like most of the circutry, including tubes and such is in tact but needs closer inspection.
I will follow up with pictures in the next day or so to show what this restoration will entail. Looks like an interesting challenge to say the least. Any questions or comments are always welcome.