Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My 1952 Philco T1802 Restored

Here's my latest Philco TV restoration completed. This is the 1952 1802 model with a metal cabinet. I plucked this out of an antique store near Quincy, IL before the fishtankers could get it. I probably overpaid slightly for it, but I viewed it as a save more than anything. And....I was pleasantly surprised when I got it home and started cleaning it up to find it has what appears to be a very low hour Zenith CRT in it!! Tested like brand new on the Sencore CR70. After completely going through it, it gets a brilliant picture - like new!!! Only bad part is I don't have a back or interlock for it. Hoping to find some one with a parts set out there that maybe make me a deal on one. But that doesn't keep it from being a great vintage TV to watch!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

It clearly as all three guns, blue, green and red, working, 'cause white is white.
Icon_lol

Nice job Icon_clap

Here's one in Quakerstown, PA with original back and vintage stand. Perhaps you could use it as a reference and fabricate a back using masonite ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1545471502

Hello Bob
I enjoy watching your restoration videos , after being in the tv service business for 50 years it is a joy
to see someone who does such great work.
George Kirk
Time Radio Restorations

Thanks Bob. Yeah I've been watching that set on eBay. It was listed previously, and they did lower the price. I think it would work great, models are close and cabinet appears identical. Just would hate to think about shipping entire set. I live in Columbia, Mo and that would probably be expensive. May see if it doesn't sell if they would part with the back....but I doubt it. Regardless, I'll be patient and see if something pops up in the next few months. And then, consider making my own. Thanks

Hey Mr. Andersen...speaking of early 50 tabletops, I saw I think in an earlier post you have a T51-1601 metal cab set. I know you got a lot going on...but whaada gonna do with that? Restore? Would you let it go? Does it have a back? ;) Pretty sure it might work for me.
Just had to ask!!!! Lol! Pay no attention to guys who say "he who dies with the most TV's wins". That's not true I'm pretty sure!

Yes, I was playing to restore it someday and it does not have a back Icon_sad

Well rats on the backs being missing on our sets. Guess you'll be looking for on too eventually. If, ans when I break down and make my own, I'll make 2.

Around 1/3 of my sets are missing a back so I'm used to it. Thanks for the offer, but no need to make one for me. I know how much effort it takes to drill all those vent holes and I'm not sure my set is even fixable yet.

Well you know how it is, you go to the trouble to make one, and making another at the same time would be no big deal. And I say I might, but I have so many projects lined up, I'll probably never take the time. The only reason it's somewhat important to me is my sets are banished to the basement by "the boss", and that happens to be the same place my little grandchildren like to play. It makes me nervous to have items exposed, would not want them to get hurt being curious. So I always have to be mindful what I have out. Temporary problem, so I doubt I will care in a few years.