Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Got a 39-6 today

"On a transformer set - the tubes are hot, . . ."

Ok...well, I won't be doing that click, click, click thing any way (and no little hands here).
And Perhaps a slo-blo fuse, a tad larger in size.   Icon_think 
Thanks bud.

On my 39-6, im using a .25 amp slo-blo fuse and it hasn't blown yet. Icon_thumbup

"On my 39-6, im using a .25 amp slo-blo fuse and it hasn't blown yet."

Thanks bud.   Icon_biggrin

one I had:  I've wondered about the knobs.

Attached Files Image(s)

The 39-6 C  in the gallery shows  that same knob as yours also , ( actually, the SAME PIC! ;-) . . . although my "C I" AND the C I in the gallery have a different knob.  Maybe Ron can shed some light on this. Icon_think

Phlogiston Wrote:Keep in mind that the proper size fuse can still blow, which is probably why few of the old radios are fused. One of the most common ways to blow the "proper" fuse is to turn a warm radio off then immediately turn it back on - how do I know? Little hands at a radio show Icon_evil

His dad said "he likes to play with knobs". Great! Maybe you should buy him a radio to play with (rather than playing with mine).

You must be kidding me. (I know you are not.)

What the heck is wrong with people these days? Can't they teach their "precious" brats some RESPECT for other people's private property?

My opinion: More people should stop playing "hosts" to their children and start being PARENTS.

Off the soapbox...

Well, one more thing. I think that if it were me, I might have said something to the effect of "Congratulations, you've just bought your kid a radio! That'll be $1000, please, cash..." Icon_twisted

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

"Hey Jake, I had to redo the dial cord on my 39-6 also. The spring was on the right side of the screw"

I did finally get it to work properly bud.  It just wasn't tight enough.  Appreciate your input on this.   Icon_thumbup