Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 1926

Hello everybody,

Newbie to the forum here. I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

Today, I saw a Canadian made Philco Model 1926 for sale. It is a large one-piece cabinet housing the speakers, and under a lift-up lid, a record player and a radio. The unit seemed to be in good condition, but I did not have the time today to check it thoroughly. Assuming that everything is in working condition upon further inspection, what would be an approximate value for this?

Thanks in advance to everyone that is able to assist.

Hi QCubed,

Not being familiar with the model in question, I can only say this: Most console stereos have little to no value to a radio collector. Now, if the unit has the tapered legs set at an angle as is common with many pieces of furniture associated with Mid Century Modernism, then you could potentially sell it for up to $200 or more to a MCM enthusiast. But if it has no legs and sits right on the floor, then the value drops back to near zero.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your help! I will check it out more thoroughly. The cabinet definitely had those tapering legs. This unit has a record player in it so it can't be very old, though, judging by its styling I am going to guess that it was built in late 60s or early 70s.