Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fisher 220-t

Have a chance to get a Fisher 220-T, is they anything that I should look out for?
Was this set a very good one or bottom of the line?

I have enough of a problem with the radio and old car bug know the stereo bug?

"HELP"! Icon_shh

Thanks for your help,
Ed.

Hi Ed

I have a 220-T that currently has a dead channel. It worked when I bought it, and sounded good while it was working.

20 watts/channel, not the best, but certainly not the worst.

I haven't worked on mine yet (too many irons in the fire, as always), but I think the outputs are silicon and not germanium, so that would be a plus.

Anyway...if you like the receiver and it is reasonably priced, I say go for it! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Additionally:

Expect to replace electrolytic caps in the power supply and audio amplifier sections. Not a big deal, no different than recapping a vintage radio, really.

If you are going to work on several receivers, a transistor tester would be a good thing to have. But if this will be your only receiver, than you can get by with the diode checker function of your DMM - or even the ohmmeter function in a pinch. I bought a Heathkit transistor tester that found bad transistors in my Fisher 4400 that were only showing as questionable on my DMM. That 4400 is now on the desk of my home office and is my "daily driver." It uses germanium outputs. But since I replaced all of the electrolytics in the power supply and audio amplifier sections, it should be good to go for several years.

I started working on a Fisher 170 but had to quit when other things came up. I also have a mostly finished 700-T and a partially finished 440-T waiting for me to get back to them. Not to mention the 220-T... Icon_crazy

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron.

This is on the goodwill web site, I will only bid $20.00 tops as who knows what shap it is in. If I buy it will let you know. Soon our house is going to fall down from to many treasure's.Icon_crazy

Thanks Again,
Ed

I have grammar dyslexia Icon_e_surprised

It must be made out of very rare gold parts. Still two days to go and almost $30.00.
I bid on a Silverstone around 39 vintage and it went for $71.00. Unreal, goodwill?

The hunt goes on.

Ed.

Well, Ed,

Fisher and other stereo receivers are climbing in value as more people become interested in them. I've watched the prices going up in the short period that I've been interested in them. You can expect to pay between $60-130 for a 220-T in really good shape.

Just don't go looking for a higher-end Marantz, Pioneer or Sansui...the prices of these can get really crazy...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN