Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Childhood TV

Trying to identify my Philco 17" TV from my childhood. From researching the 'net, it looks like it could be either a 51-T1836L or a 52-T1844M. Does anyone have any pictures of these models? Thanks

Welcome nocusr
Sam

See anything like it here:     http://www.tvhistory.tv/1952-Philco-Brochure1.jpg
Oh Welcome!
Terry

Thanks Terry, but nothing looks familiar. It had doors, but none in the advertisement look familiar. There's a Philco TV on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/281418802279?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT that looks exactly like the one we had, except for the grille trim (ours was a gold colored metal X from corner to corner) and the missing doors. The knobs and legs are the same. Ours was a 17"; according to "Television History-the First 75 Years" the ebay one is a 16".

I've been looking sporadically for years, and the ebay one is the closest I've found so far. It is within driving distance, but the price seem a little too high.

And thanks for the welcome Sam.

It does say make offer. I'd go $50 or 75 bux. Looks to be in good shape!
Terry

Found this on the 'net and it's 99% close to what I'm looking for.  The cross hatch decoration in front of the grill on mine was only two large "x"s.  Anyone have any ideas on a model number or style name?  Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, Jackson NJ - hi, neighbor!

Welcome!

Where about in Jackson are you? I am behind St. Aloysius on Bennets Mills.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

OH BOY,,,new BUDS,,,,,Have Fun,,,,CHEERS

Morzh - I live in Westlake, on Cooksbridge Rd.

Pretty close. When looking for a new house (we were in Oakly Hills, Ashford rd before) we looked around Butterfly rd once, that's really close to you. Ended up buying closer.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

mike
don`t be making new friends now
he may not let you win pool and may drink you beer up Icon_e_wink

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Hey you guys ditched me; not my fault Kirk's car broke down. Icon_lol

I have one about like your TV. Split chassis. Kinda strange. I haven't had it on for years. It was an condemned house find. Rescued it (with permission) right before the dozer wiped 'er out. Did screen up briefly, but didn't get any signal. Needs refinished but the inside where the doors cover is preserved nicely.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44