Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

BOL: Please help me get my mother-in-law off my back

Eric, Sorry to hear about your wife. Good News is sounds like she is recovering...Best Wishes to you and the wife..

thanks to mr gumpy  Icon_clap Icon_clap

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UDT-silicon-photo...19d881eb56

installed photo cell with double stick tape to old cell. soldered on to old terminals
WOW Icon_eek  plenty volume plays great  Icon_mrgreen

[Image: http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag14...bbd17d.jpg]

Glad it worked for you! Icon_clap 

That was the third different photocell i tried, all three worked but that one was best.

I also found that by changing the stiffness of the rubber bushings holding the needle bar and mirror
in place you could alter the response.  Softer bushings (made from RTV Silicone) gave a much deeper
bass sound, while firmer gaskets (made from rubber gloves a-la Syl's method) reduced the amount of bass
and gave a slightly tinnier sound.

thanks
I have several head units think I will experiment with them Icon_thumbup
hmm he has 9 left  and only took a week Icon_twisted
sam

Thanks, gentlemen.

I am going to order one soon. I've got an idea for rubber mounts for the mirror assembly. I guess we'll see if it works.

Now I need to deal with the idler. All the rubber on the large end is petrified and broken off and the small end is gummy.

Any suggestions?

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

Eric
I just use double stick tape two small pieces on copper sides. new cell well cover most of it
sorry I don't have that type of turn table

HI Grumpy
I ordered one of the photo cells you mentioned in your commets and installed it  with two sided tape. It works but
it is very loud and distorted, sounds like it overdriving the phono input. Did you do anything to the amp input? Mine
sounds like it is putting to much to the preamp for the phono. It is so distorted I cannot make out what is being
said, but very loud. Icon_eek I have adjusted the light and the mirror using the comments on Chucks web page. Any help?
Joe    Icon_confused

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

eric
did you try adjusting modulation screws top of chassis left side first 2 screws to the front
sam