Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need help with Mopar 807 (AKA - Philco D-5007 ) radio

Hello all,

I'm new to the Philco Phorum and hope that someone here can help me.
I have a 1949 Dodge car with a Mopar 807 AM radio in it. I also have a second Mopar 807 radio from a 1950 Dodge car.
After many years without a working radio, I finally decided that I want to repair one or both of these radios so that I have a working radio in my car.

Last night I opened the top cover on the 1950 radio to see if there might be a schematic or other relevant information inside to help me torwards the repair. Well, there is no schematic, but the lid does have a sticker that says Mopar 807 and Philco D-5007, and lists the part numbers of the tubes and vibrator.
6x4 6aq5 6c4 6av6 6ba6 6be6 6ba6 and 83-0025 or 83-0026.
The power bright/block inside has Jan. 1950 written on it, and the vibrator has/was replaced at some point in time.

Does anyone have a schematic for this radio, and second, does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and repair it? - I have a degree in electrical engineering and learned tube theory while in college (late 80s and early 90s), but have never applied that theory into actual practice.... I certainly want to repair this properly the first time, and know that I should replace any and all wires within the radios as I work through the repair.

BTW: The car is 6 volt positive ground.

Darren Swanson
Bloomington, IL