Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An article: El. Caps and THD

The article is by Wurth Electronics.

It discusses effects of electrolytic caps on, and their contribution to (low esr, aluminum SMT caps) THD.

Fresh, just got it from WE.

Attached Files
.pdf Audio Capacitor THD_EN.pdf Size: 572.75 KB  Downloads: 81

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I would discount anything written by a manufacturer which proves their product is the best.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

I would not discount anything written by Wurth. Or by Panasonic and any major mfr.

BTW it does not claim it is the best, it simply compares caps, and also measures their influencing THD. Nowhere it claims that they are the only ones whose caps will not contribute anything audible.

You might as well discount Tektronix datasheets or user manuals, using that logic.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hello morzh,
Wurth makes some fine products have used them from time to time !

Sincerely Richard

I've been using their products for a while. I do know they acquired a Chinese place that makes connectors.
But many a product was and is built in Deutschland.

I use their connectors, ferrite beads, chokes (the power inductors were the 1st product of theirs I ever used, and was impressed with the quality) of all kinds. Never used their caps. Though I am sure they are fine also.

hello morzh,
For sure !

Sincerely Richard

Morzh, Agreed. Wurth makes excellent electrolytics, as does Panasonic and Nichicon.

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"