Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pioneer sx1500td blowing fuse

Congrats! Pioneers are good sounding performers.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Mike, that's great! Congratulations! Icon_thumbup

I posted a "how-to" at AudioKarma on how to replace the dial lamps in the SX-1500TD. Not really difficult, just time-consuming as is most of the work we do. You can get the LED lamps from any of several sources on the auction site. I would use the warm white since the dial is already blue. You will need four of the 31mm festoons. I bought mine from eBay seller "cotillion777". Another seller, "investmentaudio" sells these in sets of 6 or 7 along with single blue festoons for less. There is another seller called "toddgw" but he does not answer questions, so I won't be buying anything from him.

I wish 3-LED festoons in a 28mm length were more widely available. 31mm is too long for the vintage Fisher receivers; 28mm is the proper length for those, but I've only found one seller who has 28mm festoons, and they cost a lot more than the other sellers who have 31mm festoons.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron for the info. I had seen your how -to on audio karma awhile back. It really helped me do the other pioneer sx1500 td. I could not find who I bought the led lamps from for it and placed an order from here. I hope they will work.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221719400581?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

I am sure they will be fine. I found his listing earlier today and sent him an email asking if he could make them in 28mm size. He answered almost immediately, seemed very nice, apologized that he could only offer them in 31mm size. I liked how he sounded in his email and I will probably buy from him in the future if I need any more of the longer (31mm) lamps. I do have a Marantz 2215B that has not been re-lamped, so it is a possibility.

But do let us know how the lamps from "projectblk86" work out.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(04-03-2015, 10:56 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  I am sure they will be fine. I found his listing earlier today and sent him an email asking if he could make them in 28mm size. He answered almost immediately, seemed very nice, apologized that he could only offer them in 31mm size. I liked how he sounded in his email and I will probably buy from him in the future if I need any more of the longer (31mm) lamps. I do have a Marantz 2215B that has not been re-lamped, so it is a possibility.

But do let us know how the lamps from "projectblk86" work out.

I got the dial lamps in mail yesterday. Installed them today. I'm pleased with the results though the picture here isn't very good.
I will do business with this seller again. Quick delivery and well packed for the mail.
http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/220koh...i.jpg.html

Beautiful. Nice, bright, consistent blue. I like it. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN