Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

P1535 Oscillator Transformer

I am helping a friend work on his 1938 Packard automobile radio. It is a Philco P1535 and the oscillator transformer was open. Philco part # 32-2829. It looked like someone had tried to rewind it before. He rewound it and the oscillator appears to be partially working. We receive stations across the broadcast band.

He would like to find a replacement or the turns information.

Does anyone know if there is a replacement or the turns information to wind another oscillator transformer for this radio?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Oscar -
NV3G

Moved to Philco-Transitone auto radios, since the radio in question is an auto radio...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

This is a common problem with the old Transitone car radios , I know of no exact replacement and a NOS one may have the same problem , I has told that this is from something that got on it from the factory some are OK others turn green and fall apart but not completely around , I have a few that I've repaired, sometime you can find the brake and repair it ,heat carefully with a hair dryer to melt the wax, this is most likely not the answer you wanted ,but this is what I've done,BILL

I'll go a step further. When you get one of the '38 Philco car radios on the bench. it WILL have an open oscillator coil, starting with the primary. You will need to strip off the old winding (It will fall off in pieces), and re-wind with 50 turns of about 34 enamel covered wire, taking care to maintain the direction of the wind. It can be scramble wound in he place of the old winding, and should be covered with some insulating wax, dripped on it. The set always works like new after this job.