Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-625 Beam of Light

I inherited a Philco Beam of Light 41-625 radio and record player from my grandmother some years ago. I have decided to start working on it. The original beam of light record player was removed and swapped out for a more recent player by my uncle before I inherited it and the original is not available. I am planning on starting by rewiring and recapping as the only thing it does now is make a slight hum. So, I have some time. I do not want to ruin one that can be refurbished but if anyone has a beam of light player available, preferably one that has the record cutter , I would like to hear from you. Also, it has a clear plastic dial cover. Does anyone know whether or not the originals were plastic. I think it would look much sharper looking with glass. Also, any suggestions on refurbishing the dial face would be appreciated. It looks dirty and faded and the white is yellowed. Thanks.

welcome mbrowes64
always helpful to post pics and schematic or tube line up
you should recap and replace electrolytic`s before turning on again
others well chime in too
as for tone arm very few show up on ebay
sam

I will upload some pictures this weekend. I have the schematics but I am fine with the electrical. Actually I need the whole beam of light player and not just an arm. I am willing to buy a whole console at a reasonable price but I don't want to ruin a fixable unit. A trashed box with a good beam of light player will work.

Welcome to the Phorum!
The dial cover is reproduced by a couple of folks listed on this site.  I've bought from Mark Palmquist in the past and some folks on the Phorum have made their own.

PM me if you are interested in a changer with the record cutter, I have a very nice unit, good motor, rebuilt tone arm also.