Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 39-19 with turntable

This was left in a house I purchased, and I have not been able to find anything out about it.  Any chance anyone can tell me anything?

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the Phorum!  Looks like you have a model 39-19PF .  The 39-19 radio chassis was used in several different phono models.  You can get schematic info from Chuck Schwark for only a few bucks. Ron, this site owner, may have interest in photos of your unit since he doesnt have actual photos in the gallery.  Nice find.

It looks to be in pretty good shape but unless the electrolytic and paper capacitors have been replaced in the recent past you should not try to plug it in.  The wiring in 1939 models can also be a bit dicey and should be checked.  Lots of friendly folks here to help.

Some info is also available on-line at:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/280/M0013280.htm  and
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013283.pdf

I have the table model of this radio, never knew they made a console version with a phonograph!

No matter where you go, there you are.

WOW
beautiful, looks show room new
hard to believe some one left it their
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Now that is a great find! Icon_thumbup It's one of those sets that is rarer than hen's teeth but won't have much monetary value as it isn't in high demand. Most people who buy consoles want one with lots of tubes and lots of SW as well as AM. This set, while it is rare and looks very nice, is more cabinet than substance.

As Bob (klondike98 ) already mentioned, I would truly appreciate several good photos of your set for inclusion in the Gallery. This set needs to be well documented. As an example, until I saw your photos I did not know this model used the same oddball, linear tracking phono pickup as used in the earliest Philco table model phonos (39-10TP, 39-12RP, and the later RP-3).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN