Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rubber Chassis Bits....

I have been scouering both great Philco sites, looking for the answer, but haven't found it yet... Does anyone have a source for the rubber bits which support/mount the RF subchassis to the main chassis for the 37-650? I am referring to the two(one each side) which support the front of the subchassis, and are roughly top-hat shaped, and the one into which the tuning condensor unit goes at the back.(also top-hat shaped)

Mine are expired, and I have a few ideas on some alternate replacements, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a source for good repro's or such...

I am not worried about the flat chassis to cabinet washers- I found them easily.

Thanks!
Scott

Old Cars, Old Radios, Old Pipes and Young Women... What more is there?

What I've done with mine is used the rubber faucet washers you can get at a home center or plumbing supply store that come in a small package. The ones that have a slight cone to them work pretty good.

The 37-650 is a great radio - you'll enjoy getting it going!

Bill

Sent from my Pentium II on the AT&T Dial Network

I have apackage of those around here somewhere- I'll have to give them a look!
Thanks for the idea!

Scott

Reading this reminds me of my own problems with Philco Radios and disintregated rubber pieces. My 38-10 needs the rubber to isolate the tuning gang from the chassis. Yours needs essentially the same thing. Problem is..we don't have General Cement making the little stuff any more.
So our only alternative is to get, and remain , inventive. For instance, if we go into Radio Shack and ask for dial-stringing cord, they won't have a CLUE as to what you just said.
ON the other end of the spectrum are guys like Mr Battery Maker, who at the time is fighting tooth and nail against the ultimate obsoletion of our beloved sets. Icon_cry Icon_twisted
But I would stand on my head and eat ice cream cones for an hour to keep my sets going. Or whatever....or not.... Icon_neutral

Strangely enough, I have in my possession, the very last radio dial restringing kit from Radio Shack available in my area... I bought it on sale several years ago when they were closing them out... And the radio I bought it for didn't need it afterall! So I keep it in stock, waiting for that day I'll need it. However, I have found suitable replacement string at the local Jo-Ann Fabrics! I use the thick thread you use with an awl for hand stitching leather or canvas...

Scott