Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Kirk's Jackson Bell 62

Who, I say, who in their right mind would buy THIS!

And, speaking of mice, I am sure several generation of mouse ghosts are still living in that rat motel.

(02-09-2015, 08:10 PM)OldRestorer Wrote:  ....HEY! I  just remembered. I did a full cleaning, de-rusting, recapping, and de-mousing on that chassis. I even provided new unchewed coil tubes. You got it easy Mike!

Good point Kirk.... does Mike strip the cabinets before he sends them to you?  You're spoiling him Icon_wink

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I dust'em!!!

And, keep in mind, I do not have the proclivity to buy junkers... not like some of us.... people who specifically look for the most God forsaken rat infested nooks and crannies in condemned farmhouses all around the LI. Icon_mrgreen

Hmmmmm, 

Someone I know got a waterlogged Model 70 and then gave it to me saying it was "easy"... Who was that?

It's right on the tip of my tongue! 

Oh yeah, You Michael Nu-----an!

Remember this fun little project? 

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Oh c'mon! It was not rat-infested. Or dirty. It was moisture-damaged. At the bottom. There wasn't even a dead spider in it. Unlike it was in an RF coil of a certain someone's radio, to which I also had a photo.....Icon_lol

Admit it, the kinds of radios you buy are such that not many brave souls will even consider (which is a testament to your skills, but still). Well, maybe Brenda. Certainly not me. Icon_lol

Icon_lol Fun to watch the youngsters play

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(02-10-2015, 08:44 PM)morzh Wrote:  Oh c'mon! It was not rat-infested. Or dirty. It was moisture-damaged.........

Moisture damaged!?!?!?!?!  That means mold Icon_eek .  Breathing in those deadly spores might have caused poor Kirk to get dizzy and fall off that roof.  And I do believe that Silvertone was too small to house rats.... maybe some cute little mice, maybe even three blind mice Icon_mrgreen

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

No, no mold.
The guy who sold it to me (in Kutztown) held it sitting on the wet grass...the plywood at the bottom was cracking. Dry rot pretty much.
The rest was OK. One wall was buckling a bit, but I am not sure that had to do with moisture at all.

And then, mold is good for you.

These are done with mold.

1. Soft ripened and blue cheeses.
2. Penicillin.

I personally cannot live without blue cheese. The rest of humanity cannot live without penicillin.
So, talk about doing a guy a favour and then getting scorned for it!!!!

hey mike
don`t for get the mold on beer is ok too
which he gave us to drink  Icon_wtf
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

boy mike
you do the nasty work and they stick up for kirk
[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/uploads/av...1330366028]

Eliot Ness  [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/buddy_offline.png]

Moisture damaged!?!?!?!?!  That means mold [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif] .  Breathing in those deadly spores might have caused poor Kirk to get dizzy and fall off that roof.  And I do believe that Silvertone was too small to house rats.... maybe some cute little mice, maybe even three blind mice [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...rgreen.gif]

maybe you should train them three mice to do their job before you return chassis  Icon_e_wink
sam

mafiamen2

That wasn't a Silveron, that was a Philco 70.