Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alignment on a 38-12
Tongue 

Hi everyone ! Hope all are well today. I recently recapped capped a 38-12 , tested and checked tubes and resistors. It was dead when I got it. It fired up but I could only get one station in (620). So I didi an alignment but still the same. Thank you for your help .

David

Might want to take a close look at the tuner, looking for a bent blade or trash between the blades. Please be careful blades can easily damaged guess how I know that one. David

Hi DavidH, welcome to the Phorum!  Sounds like you've checked all the obvious things but there are some experienced folks who may chime in.

Never worked on a 38-12 just tossing this out. Did you check the coils for any opens?

Also, in my 38-15, which is the same radio with a SW scale, the first tube is 6A7 and it is often enough acts funny when getting old. Mine decided not to work on half the SW scale. And not it is only the oscillator but also the RF amp, so if it is weak (and they are more often than not have very weak triode section while the generator section is fine) the sensitivity goes.

Plus what others said.