Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with a Marantz 2220B receiver

Hi Mike.
I checked again and E is higher than B, which I guess is not normal.

what happens when you bring the trimpot up?
what is the 35V value now?

Have you figured which wire brings the voltage down?

Try to do several things I ask, not one at a time, this way we will not go far any time soon.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Ill try to find which wire is bringing the voltage down.

With the wires removed and with the trim pot on max there is 24.2V. With the wires on I'm getting 18.4 V with it maxed out.

How is your R806, does it check out?
The R808 trimpot?

Also:

Disconnect J812 while still having everything disconnected from J808, what are the voltages on EBC of H805 and H806, and the voltages on J808 and J812?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I hope that you get this going. I use a 2230 for background music in the museum. (Sometimes at concert levels -- what-- WHAT!!) It is a surprisingly good sounding receiver.

I had to fix it when I got it for $20. As I recall the PCBs are somewhat less than great quality. Be careful not to lift traces.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Brown phenolic paper? But even if not, them all used one-sided PCBs, be it fiberglass or phenolic, and those have no through barrels, so the solder joint is only held by glue and not by a through barrel; that makes the joint separate after a couple of touches due to the glue burning. Or due to the weight of parts.

As I recall from several years ago, it was a tan fiberglass matching your description.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Still have this apart and plan on getting back to it this Winter. I do appreciate all the help.

Well when you are ready we will try to help.

Thank you Mike!