Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Mikes 16B, Not Sams

(04-15-2015, 10:52 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  I could always paint it. That would make the repairs easier. Could use wood filler all over and give it a nice white and black lacquer finish.....

Should I? could I? Would I?

Ok back to work, Icon_rolleyes

I double dog dare you Icon_twisted
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Sam! One day you might try a hamburger in my place and you neeeeever know what can go into those patties...... Icon_twistedIcon_mrgreen

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Mike 
That's why I have Kirk to test first  Icon_shh

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Sam has the top secret recipe from me.
Terry
ps Sam guard it with ur life!!!!

Oh, he will give it out for a pair of 71As.
Right Sam? Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

For Kirk to test the burger, he would have to be INVITED!

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

sorry mike mafiamen never say any thing    Icon_twisted

Kirk you can come to my house any time you like 
Not much room and I don't cook so stop at five guys 
For burgers on way in  I have plenty Guinness an rum 
I can not invite you to others house that would be rude  8)
Sam

mafiamen2

Kirk;
  I always used a clothes iron and a wet paper towel to steam out dents, or a soldering gun tip for small ones, but a rag will work. I don't think that a heat gun will work as well, you want the water to soak into the fibers of the wood and for the water to explode into steam to pop the fibers back out, a heat gun will probably dry it first. It works well on poplar and mahogany, reasonably well on maple, ash, oak, birch, or beech, but only so so on walnut.
Regards
Arran

No more tradios for now. Too frustrating when I thought it would be fun to sandblast.

I am having issues with Mikes 16B as the veneer is hanging over the back arch. I am trying to glue the front back to the arch and if I clamp it, The veneer on the back of the arch crushes. I decided to do some other repairs while I think about it. I have glued down all the veneer that was lifting and patched the top missing strip on the arch. I had to reattach the arch brace so I did it all in one step.

Update * 
  I decided to cut off all the overhang on the back. It will just get ruined in the future if it gets bumped so removing it is the logical answer. I planed it and it came out nice. Now at least it is even and the arch support and the veneer is lined up correctly. I dont understand how that happened though. It was never touched, The arch support was never moved so It was a factory thing??

Anyway,
  I have veneered, glued, clamped and moved on to another cabinet till tomorrow when it is dry. Then hopefully re-attaching the face will not be so hard. It will need a lot of pressure so I am hoping no buckling will occur.

Kirk

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Is that a new star type antenna?

Yes Mike, The radio has great reception now.... Icon_rolleyes

Did I mention I cut down your cabinet? Icon_lolno

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

You mean it has no legs no more?

Hey Kirk,
Don't you have a belt sander???

Terry

His dad was the last one to use it, on Kirk's you know what, so when Kirk grew up he took it and tossed it out far. He uses sand blaster since.

Unclamped and the veneer came out pretty darn good.

Now it is gluing the face to the arch and waiting till tomorrow...

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021