Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Big Fisher speakers ?

Well...

"Digital Compatible" - lots of companies producing audio equipment were putting that or similar labeling on their gear after CDs first came out.
"Magnetic Field Compensated" - don't know how they could do that, unless they put a big Faraday cage inside the cabinet. Which I highly doubt.
The frequency response pattern - Probably accurate. If it weren't, I would think they would have run afoul of the FTC or some other alphabet soup gubmint agency.

When Avery Fisher owned Fisher Radio, it was a respected outfit that produced quality equipment.

After Avery sold out to Emerson, the quality started going downhill. Emerson retained Fisher's team of German engineers to design the receivers, but I am sure they also had their bean counters breathing down the necks of those engineers.

After Emerson sold the Fisher brand to Sanyo, the brand really went downhill from there. They finally faded into the history books.

By the time your speakers were built, Sanyo had owned Fisher for several years. I'm not saying your speakers are no good. Let's just say Fisher was, ah, past their prime by then.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

You see that 6 - 8db bump at 50hz? Kind of like mountains as seen from space. Make the graph small enough and it looks flat.

5db is about 3X the level up from 0. You can hear that, but they wanted you to. Sounded impressive and powerful in the showroom.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/