Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Webcor 1133-1 Musicale Record Player

Good Afternoon! I recently have acquired a Webster-Chicago model 1133-1 record player.  It had a water-stained, but readable, schematic on the bottom.  I used my ProfiCAD program to recreate a readable schematic before I started to look at the chassis.  That's when I had to stop.  I can't figure how to get the chassis out!  There is a wood panel that covers the 3/4 of the bottom which came off very easily.  The rest of the bottom is also wood and has two chassis mounting bolts which I also removed, but no-go, the chassis moves a little but does not come out.  It could be stuck on after 60 years, but firmly moving the thing doesn't do a thing.  Has anyone ever worked on one of these, or perhaps have a service/technical manual they could lend/copy/sell?  Thanks,  Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

You may have to remove the record changer to get the amplifier chassis out of the unit, sometimes there are some screws that will loosen off to allow one to lift the changer out. I would guess that you removed the knobs from the amp chassis and did not find any other screws holding it in, perhaps hidden by the knobs?
Regards
Arran

(04-26-2015, 09:07 PM)Arran Wrote:   You may have to remove the record changer to get the amplifier chassis out of the unit, sometimes there are some screws that will loosen off to allow one to lift the changer out. I would guess that you removed the knobs from the amp chassis and did not find any other screws holding it in, perhaps hidden by the knobs?
Regards
Arran

Thanks Arran.  I hadn't tried that but I will.  I have taken the nuts off the volume and tone controls, but they ended up not actually attaching to the cabinet.  I hope your solution works!  I'll try it tonight when I get home.  Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Arran,  You had it correct.  Finally got the changer out and there it was, one stinking Philips-head screw!  The chassis then came out very nicely, thank you.  Soon, pictures.  Thanks again! Icon_thumbup

Joe