Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

(07-01-2017, 06:51 PM)OldRestorer Wrote:  Good lord.....

So many......

Icon_smile

Kirk, this is not much ...  Icon_mrgreen  In my collection there are 85% of all apparatuses that were manufactured in the USSR after the war. For if in my collection there were 85% of the machines that were made in the US then it would really be really very much. ))) Icon_lol  Icon_lol  Icon_lol

All representatives of the "popular" radio, including Moskvich and all models of ARZ, had only two frequency ranges - "Middle Waves" (Brodcasting) 200-550 meters and "Long Waves" - 800-2000 meters. And only all models of radio receivers Record and Dnepr 52, which were a little higher class, had an additional range of "Short Waves" 25m-75 meters.
The output stage of the amplifier in all models of the radio of this class was made on a 6П6С lamp - which has an American analogue of 6V6GT. In the universal Records 47 with a universal power supply, as well as in ARZ-49 the amplifier was built on a 25П1C or 30П1C (25L6-GT) radio lamp. The frequency converter was based on a 6A7 (6SA7) lamp, while the reflex cascade in Moskvich radio and all ARZ models was made on a 6B8 lamp. In all other 5-tube models, the radio frequency cascade of the HF was made on a 6K3 lamp, and before the LF on the 6Г2 lamp (6SQ7).

ARZ 49 despite the fact that the size was considerably larger than the radio Moskvich B still remained one of the most simple 3-tube radio with two stripes of stripes and a selenium rectifier of current. But this radio had only one feature - its case was metallic, which in combination with autotransformer power was quite dangerous.

Also surprising is the way of powering the gaeters of lamps with different voltage values when connected to different outputs of the autotransformer, while the gaets of such lamps are generally connected in series.

As already mentioned, the first model of the "people's" radio ARZ-49 turned out to be not very successful and reliable, and therefore, in two years, this radio was upgraded and produced at various enterprises under the indexes ARZ-51 and ARZ-52. The main changes in the design were the replacement of the selenium rectifier on the 6Ц5C кenotron and the replacement of the output radiation beam 30П1C with a 30-volt getter voltage on the tetrod 6П6С. Thus, this one of the simplest superheteradins in the USSR has become a 4-tube radio. In the photo ARZ-52 from my collection.The exterior model from the old differs only with variants of colors, matter and small changes in the design of the scale - the ARZ-49 inscription disappeared.

But on the chassis the changes are more prominent ...

The next model ARZ, which began to be manufactured since the 54th year, almost did not differ from the model 52 - all the differences consisted in a more varied coloring of the cabinet and three variants of the scale design, since the device was manufactured on three occasions by enterprises, including Ukraine. On the photo of ARZ-54 manufactured by the Zaporozhye plant "Radiopribor" from my collection before the restoration. Now it is being restored and a week later should be ready ..

The next story about "folk" radio in the USSR will be about the model of Record 52, which was made in 1952. Unlike the previous model, Record 47, this radio was made on only 6-volt series lamps and with a transformer power supply .. This topology of the circuit for radio on 5-wire radiolamps has become dominant for almost the next decade. My new radio receiver of this series is still in restoration, and so I will show a photo of the previous Record-52, which is now owned by one of my colleagues in the United States.
Icon_wink

БРЗ - Бердский Радио Завод - Berdsk Radio Factory, the first one that started making Soviet Hi-Fi equipment, some of which (Arctur-003 turntable + amplifier + speakers combo, and Arctur-006 turntable) I had as my first.

Arctur-003

Arctur-006

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Вега_(прои...ъединение)

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Yes Michael. In the 70's ... 80's the Berdsk Radio Factory was one of the leaders of Hi- Fi technology in the USSR

Today completed the restoration of ARZ-54. Now he has this look. Unfortunately I do not have a new grill yet

After a short pause, which arose due to the unbearable summer heat and my laziness Icon_mrgreen , I will continue the story of the Soviet radio class "Folk radio" ... In the past month, he has restored two radio with the abbreviation "Record" - models 52nd and 53rd years. Both models are five-lamp radio and are very similar in the schemes. The only significant differences between them are only in the design of the case, the frequency of the intermediate frequency and the design of the contours of the IF. In the record 52, the IF is 465 kHz, while the 53 is at 110 kHz.

"Record" - models 52. This radio is also made at the Berd Radio Factory

"Record" - models 53, a long-lived model, has been manufactured by many factories of the USSR for 10 years. In the photo the receiver is made in Irkutsk radio factory

Video 

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0hJ5TyQITA]

Merry Christmas !

Hello everyone and the upcoming New Year! After another "little" pause, I will continue to demonstrate the receivers from my collection. I will finish the conversation about "folk radio" by two beautiful and stylish radio receivers in Bakelite buildings - "Огонёк" (Fire) and  "Стрела"(Arrow).
The radio network lamp "Ogonyok" since 1953 produced the Moscow radio plant Red October. The receiver is a 2-band superheterodyne, has 5 radio tubes, and is powered by a network of 127/220 volts. I just bought this receiver quite recently, and so I did not manage to bring it to an impeccable state. But this winter I have big plans.But we can say that such beauties always please their owner ... Icon_biggrin

I have an impression this radio was inspired by somd of those German People's Radios, Volksempfängers.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

So . And with a later version of 38 ... 44th years, there is even some kind of external resemblance. But the main thing for such receivers is the propaganda mission - to broadcast only local stations and to glorify the leaders of communism and Nazism ... In fact, such radio in prewar Germany and in the USSR were made exclusively for this purpose and were the most massive, despite the small assortment of models.