Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TWO 16b tombstones/ FINISHED!

Not sure Art, If I  remember right I was told that they used both styles of nobs and there for didn't matter. I also looked at a bunch of 16bs online and seen both styles of nobs on both early and late versions. Ron would know for sure, I think Ron would have given me a Icon_thumbdown  if there where a discrepancy in that department Icon_think   

Quote: I think Ron would have given me a [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...mbdown.gif]  if there where a discrepancy in that department [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi..._think.gif]   
Yeah, I got "thumbs down" on knobs one time. Icon_lol    Seriously, I'm happy to have Ron critique my work.
Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

I just noticed I have 4 stars now under my belt (senior member Icon_think ) Icon_clap Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy  I don't see how when I cant apply decals properly Icon_think

(06-14-2015, 10:35 PM)Fred Taylor Wrote:    I just noticed I have 4 stars now under my belt (senior member Icon_think ) Icon_clap Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy Icon_crazy  I don't see how when I cant apply decals properly Icon_think

HeHe.. The stars depends on how many times you have posted on here.

Hi,

Very nice job on the model 16Bs.. two of my favorite radio models.

I have seen the late 16B with either three lower older-style hex knobs or three of the newer styled round knobs. The upper knob on the late set should always be the newer concentric style (the older hex style knob would not fit!). Same goes for the 16X versions from June & Nov 1934.

Now, having seen this mix of knobs on some later versions does not make it certain that they came from the factory this way, though it seems likely, as so many of the late models are seen this way.

One other point that just occurs to me, seeing Fred's empty cabinets side by side. The upper knob cut-out for the later set has larger diameter than for the earlier set, as needed to accommodate the concentric knobs of the later chassis versus the single retractable knob of the earlier version. Has anybody noticed if the later-cabinets fitted with earlier chassis had the smaller diameter cut-out?? This would for sure indicate they must have come from the factory this way. The converse does not necessarily prove anything, of course.

Paul

Those 16B's look absolutely exquisite! Fantastic job!

Slave to an RCA Victor CTC-25