Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 640 restore

Just finished this cabinet , I was a basket case got it last year at auction in Houston, 50 bucks Icon_eek All though im having problems or should I say my electrical guys cannot get the oscillator to work. I know the basics on these tube radios thats it , I do all the easy stuff or grunt work as you call it. Dick gave up on it and now Mike is pulling his hair out to. I cant tell them what to do, me no nothing Icon_think He will figure it out or it will become a shelve queen Icon_think I threw in a bonus picture for Ron. Im still waiting on grill cloth for my 16b,s and Dick still has some work to do on one chassis, it,s sounds distorted and low on power and needs an alignment .

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice Fred!

Thanks, for the only reply on this radio. Icon_wave  I don't think Ron has seen this post yet, he normally puts his 2 cents  worth in  Icon_wave

Okay...you asked for my opinion...here it is:

Other than the decal, the cabinet is your normal beautiful work. Icon_thumbup The decal, though... Icon_thumbdown That isn't a DCL-PH8, is it?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I wasn't sure because the part # had been cut away on the decal sheet and it looked at the time it was the right one, I threw the dice and lost Icon_think

(06-09-2015, 06:34 PM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  I wasn't sure because the part # had been cut away on the decal sheet and it looked at the time it was the right one, I threw the dice and lost Icon_think

Join the club Fred, lol

I was doing Mikes 66 and Ron said the same thing. I ended up stripping and redoing it since it was not my cabinet.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

He's alive, ladies and gentlemen, he's alive!

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(06-10-2015, 05:08 PM)morzh Wrote:  He's alive, ladies and gentlemen, he's alive!

Kirk was probably was bit buy a spider in that new work shed and took time off to recover Icon_yawn

The spider though never recovered.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.