Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1226 code 125 HELP !!!

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap  Can use some help on this model Philco 46-1226 code 125,,,,Production Changes ,,,,Don't know the wattage for these's items,,,,,R102- 300 Ohms at 10 Watts (read on this site somewhere) ,,,,,R101-- 10K  at ?? (10 Watts resistor?? screen supply) ,,,,R103-- 1300 Ohms at ?? (10Watts resistor?? B+ side),,,R100--265 ohms  at ??? (1/2 watt resistor?? to chassis) ,,,R214--100K at ??? (1/2  Watt resistor?? output Grid Bias) AND,,,I'm sorry ,,don't know how to insert the schematic or page on here…Thank You again ,,Ken       Icon_wave Icon_wave

Here's the schematic.

Icon_yawn Icon_yawn  That is a Code 121,,,,,I have that also,,,,not the same,,,,,I have a schematic from Chuck Schwark,,,code 125,,,,It does not have wattage on any resistors ,,,,and ,,I don't know how to figure that out,,,,just a good parts remover and replacement guy,,can read schematic's ,,but slow in doing soo,,Thank you for your time,,,Ken

OK, I was hoping Chucks docs had the run changes and wattages in them.

Hi Ken,
Perhaps this will shed some light on this issue.

1.2 Resistor Dissipation

If the flow of current through a resistor increases,  it heats up, and if the temperature exceeds a certain critical value, it can be damaged. The wattage rating of a resistor is the power it can dissipate over a long period of time.
Wattage rating is not identified on small resistors. The following diagrams show the size and wattage rating:
Fig. 1.3: Resistor dimensions
Most commonly used resistors in electronic circuits have a wattage rating of 1/2W or 1/4W. There are smaller resistors  (1/8W and 1/16W) and higher (1W, 2W, 5W, etc).
In place of a single resistor with specified dissipation, another one with the same resistance and higher rating may be used, but its larger dimensions increase the space taken on a printed circuit board as well as the added cost.
Power (in watts) can be calculated according to one of the following formulae, where U is the symbol for Voltage across the resistor (and is in Volts), I is the symbol for Current in Amps and R is the resistance in ohms:

They don't show a 5w resistor but it is about the same length as the 2w but is a bit fatter about 9mm or3/8 "

GL
Terry

Thank You,,,Terry,,,,  Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup   I have old Brown resisters in there ,,and I did find a picture similar to this in thee old models resistors,,,I would have though someone had all the stuff written down some where on thee old resistors wattage,,can't find anything on the old Philco numbers (on inter web) for resistors ,,BUT,,the ohms,, I guess I have to smoke it first to get it close, ,lololol,,  Icon_lol Icon_lol ,Thank you again,,,