Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42 355

Question please-

I am detailing a 42 355T, I have replaced the pushbuttons and escutcheon, I have transplanted the metal strip off the old one on to the front of the new but on the old escutcheon there is a strip under the call letter tabs that seems to have a pop rivet(tiny) attached strip on the back. If any one has done one of these is it critical to get this off and attached to the replacement escutheon? How did you do it.

The call letter tabs may be able to be saved and I am interested in seeing if anyone has crossed this escutcheoon issue before. Also are the pushbuttons best secured by simply applying pressure, some have gone on easily and are pretty secure, others seem a bit wobbly but I did not wish to force them.

As a treat I did not expect to get any FM but the low end of the modern FM band is the high end on this set and I can get some stations.

Thanks. Icon_smile

Paul 

Tubetalk1

Wel I am going to slide out the plastic clear mini sheets that go over the call letters clean them up and I think I can slide them back in. So I guess the look is that they are illuminated when the set is on. I shall not fret about the strip on the back of the escuttcheon.

I dragged this beast upstairs fom the cellar and I must say I knew it was big and heavy it seemed bigger once upstairs.

It barely fits on the table I usually place a table set on in the family room. While not cosmetically a 10 it does look pretty god and sounds nice with plenty of volume. So will listen to some baseball onit and leave it up for a while. Too heavy to wrestle to the cellar again.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Paul, I ended up breaking a couple of my little plastic covers when I did that on my 41-285, but I used some clear plastic from packaging (the kind you have to cut open to get the product out--usually a cheap electronic thing) and they worked pretty well after I trimmed them with an exact knife. I din't know how long it will last, but I cut some clear packing tape for the strip on the back and it seems to be holding things down.
Good time to get some baseball innings in right now. It just so happens I have a local sports station set as a Chicago station.

Charlie in San Antonio