Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thoughts on Tektronix 2213A

Haven't owned a scope in over 40 years, so I think it's time to invest in one as I get deeper into restorations, and am starting to do some FM stuff. Found this one: Tektronix 2213A. What do you think?

Pat

It's a TEK scope that is smaller than some of the others, which I like, but some of the TEK parts may be getting hard to find.  I've had similar (100Mhz) TEK scopes condemned by our calibration dept. when they said parts were no longer available.  Now, I'm sure they didn't spend much time looking, but it's something to be aware of.

For about $100 (w/shipping) you get a scope that was last calibrated in 1999 and "has been tested to power on only." So it kind of depends on how lucky you feel.  I know I'd sure like to check out a scope to make sure it works before buying it, or at least see a picture of each channel with a trace on it.

If that 2213 works OK it will be a fine addition to your arsenal of test equipment, but if it has a nagging problem or two it could turn into an expensive project, headache, or paperweight.   Not sure what the newer (and much smaller) digital scopes are selling for right now, but they seem to be dropping in price and might be worth a look.

Good Luck!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I knda thought the same way. I think I'll hold off until I find one that I'm sure will work.