Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deal i could not pass

Picked up these Kenwood speakers and they sound great hooked up to my Sony for testing. They remind me of the world trade center because of the grill design. Payed $20 for both, I'm sure Kenwood made a lot better speakers than these . Any body know anything about these fine speakers from Kenwood ? I'm guessing these were made around 1978?

Attached Files Image(s)

Kenwood was a mediocre speaker maker. Own a system myself. This said, they are a satisfactory sounding speakers and for the price you paid their price/performance ratio can't be beat.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I had a Kenwood receiver I was fond of, about 1980. I think they made speakers because they could and they would sell with their amps/receivers. Where were they made Fred? Is there a sticker?

Paul

Tubetalk1

Great price, part of the Kabuki speakers trend in the late 70's. I bought into it too at the time.

Mike

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952

The grill on those remind me of the world trade centers Icon_sad Icon_sad Icon_sad Icon_sad Icon_sad Icon_sad

Still have a couple of nice Kenwood speakers I hauled up one at a time from Youkuska, (SP Japan) where the big tub puled in for a couple of days during 'Nam. Jumbo receiver stills plays too, as new, but I never shoe it's face to my tube sets.