Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-690 volume control

Do you know the cross-over parts numbers for the Philco 38-690 volume control, Philco part number 33-5240?  They one on my 38-690 has some bad spots, and it has been cleaned, so it would be nice to find a replacement.   

Web site: http://www.masekconsulting.net
Radio Photos: http://www.photobucket.com - album id FStephenMasek

Hi,

I'll search all the 37/38 Philco dealer parts catalogs for that part 
when I get home from work this evening.  Prob. in there.

Chuck

Looking for the values of the dual-pot volume control on the Model 38-690.

All Philco service bulletins and 1937-40 Philco parts catalogs do not show the resistances 
of the two sections.  Only the Philco part number:  33-5240.

Seems Philco never published parts values in their 38-690 service bulletin. 

Any help appreciated,

Chuck

(12-07-2015, 10:13 PM)Chuck Schwark Wrote:  Looking for the values of the dual-pot volume control on the Model 38-690.

All Philco service bulletins and 1937-40 Philco parts catalogs do not show the resistances 
of the two sections.  Only the Philco part number:  33-5240.

Seems Philco never published parts values in their 38-690 service bulletin. 

Any help appreciated,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

While the parts list does not show the values, they are printed on the schematic as part #75 at 500K and part #76 at 100K.

BTW, keep up the good work. I have your data package for my 38-690 code 125 and it has been invaluable.

Thanks again!

Ed

Ah, ok.  My Philco original schematics do NOT show any parts values.  ??

Could be a very early edition maybe.  Will have to research.....

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi again,

While the parts list and schematic I have does not show the values, they were provided by 
another member here on the Phorum.

Part #75 is 500K and part #76 is 100K, for the dual pot.

Chuck

(12-09-2015, 09:20 AM)Chuck Schwark Wrote:  Ah, ok.  My Philco original schematics do NOT show any parts values.  ??

Could be a very early edition maybe.  Will have to research.....

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I took the information from the schematic you sent me as part of my packet. It is marked "38-690 Code 125 Figure 1". On the back side of this page is the alignment page and the chassis pictorial page.

Best regards,

Ed

Hmmmm....time to retire.  (sigh)
Icon_rolleyes  

retire Icon_eek  
na  you just need a few martini`s to start the day.  you`ll be fine Icon_thumbup  
[Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...ghting.jpg]

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Not with those 1/2 filled glasses I wouldn't!

AND, they're not chilled!!!

Hi Guys,

Did you ever get a good cross over part no. for the volume control?  My 690 seems to be bad at the low vol section.   I'd like to replace it if I can find a suitable part.

Steve

Steve

have you tried to ask Mark Oppat?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.