Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-61 rubber parts questions

Now that the chassis work on my radio is done and it is working nicely, I am getting things together for remounting it in the cabinet. I would appreciate it if anyone knowledgeable could verify the parts I am thinking of ordering are the right ones. It appears there are the 4 chassis mount rubbers that go under the chassis, and two more front bumper rubbers that go over the volume and tone shafts to prevent the chassis from coming too far forward and dial bumping the case. Are these the right ones to order for my 37-61 ? They would be the same as for the 37-60, if any of you have experience with one of themplease let me know. Here s the page from Renovated Radios that shows the parts.
http://www.renovatedradios.com/parts.html#rubber 
First for the 4 under chassis mounting rubbers, Thick Chassis Washer (CW1). For the front bumper washers, Philco Chassis Front Spacers (GPH-spacer) . If these are right, please let me know, if not, please steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

I just checked my 37-61's cabinet, and what did I find still stuck in one front corner ? One of the mounting washers. Looks to actually be a Chassis Washer (CW4). I still would like to know if the Philco Chassis Front Spacers (GPH-spacer) is correct for my radio, as well as confirmation about the Chassis Washer (CW4). Any advice would be appreciated.

Can't offer any help with the 37-61 itself but having been in a similar situation of not knowing quite which rubber part to get I just ordered a range of them figuring another radio down the line will eventually use the ones I didn't use this time....

I think that those are correct. I don't think that I have ever used any but the "thick" chassis washer. You can probably get by without the front ones, but they are cheap and like said, they will be used sooner or later, a very common rubber part in Philcos.

More important, did you get the rubber spacers/ bumpers for the sub assembly. There are 2 thick(er) and one thin, but I think that the thick ones will work and that they are sold as a set. These are necessary and always need to be replaced.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Yes, I bought and replaced the rubber mounts for the tuning section. They are already installed. I am getting all the stuff ready to finish with the cabinet and final re-assembly. Before I can really go forward with the cabinet, though, I have to wait for warmer weather. I keep my house at 60F in the winter, and it is really too cold to varnish. I will wait until spring and warmer weather for that. So, right now I am getting everything ready. Tonight I am going to make a spacer ring for my speaker because the new cone's web rises a bit above the frame of the speaker, and the speaker needs to be spaced about 1/4" back from the board that holds the grill cloth so it does not distort.