Philco 650PX Restore!

I say BBeautiful,,nice job,,,A real Pro

Fred,
I have the big round Bezel on my radio!

Crist

(02-13-2016, 07:10 PM)Crist Rigotti Wrote:  Fred,
I have the big round Bezel on my radio!

Ok, that must be the largest of that style Icon_eek

This weekend I had finished the cabinet repairs and got the grain filler on, going to let dry out real good till next weekend , that's when I should be able to get close to finishing up the cabinet. Then I can concentrate on the guts and work on the 70 cabinet also which I put another thread.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here she is, this cabinet looks wonderful and I'm not even done with it. I found a tone arm that should work for the phono. The electrical will start soon and looking forward to getting this philco 650px playing. I think the colors on cabinet are very attractive and may not be like the factory would have done. Got the correct grill cloth in there now and will finish the inside of cabinet as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Few more pictures

Attached Files Image(s)

Speechless!

Crist

UnBelievable,,Beautiful,,the Best ,,I have ever seen,,,Better than Factory,,,

Thanks everyone for positive comments on this rare 650px, here's an update in photos of todays work, phono is not hooked up and is just sitting there till the electrical gets underway. I did get the tone arm in place and coved the small hole where the incorrect tone arm was , cleaned up dial and installed the welt piping around the top where the cover sits. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Finally finished and it looks and sounds great. Took awhile to get it up and going , it will remain at the radio shop on display, I have no more room here at my house for consoles.

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful work Fred. Icon_clap Icon_clap

(02-08-2016, 08:10 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  I am so trying that!
on Rons cabinet Icon_lol

Me

How's it going Kirk, have you tried the 3m spray contact adhesive?

No, I have not had anything large enough to try it on. Just small spot repairs...
I did try it in the spring on a small veneer repair but it didn't work..
Maybe it is only good on large areas?
Looking good Fredrick...

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Wow, turned out nice!

Crist

Fred nice work and thanks for the updates. l bet it sounds as good as it looks! Thanks again for posting the radio.