Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 41-629 code 121

OK I'm the Philco noob needing more info on what I have recently acquired from the family of the original owners. The model & code number are clearly stamped on the back of the radio chassis. I have not looked for any I.D. numbers on the record player but it is a Beam of Light player. Would I find any sort of I.D. numbers on the cabinet?? After finding the serial number on my model 20, I am assuming that I should be able to find serial number on this unit too.
Still working through on how to post photos to this website, but I know that would be a help.
Thanks for any help

I don't believe finding the serial number is going to tell you anything more than knowing that its a 41-629 code 121.  Order up a set of schematics from Chuck for a few bucks and that will be very helpful.  Chuck also has some good information on the mechanical and electrical adjustments for the Beam of Light.

Posting photos info is found here.   Or you can attach a photo by using the buttons found in the Attachments section underneath the window where you type your new post or your reply to a post.  Keep the photos around 800 pixels wide or less so they fit nicely on the page.

Philcos of your vintage (1939 to 1942) suffer from rubber wire decay.  Here's an article by Ron on sorting that problem out.

Keep asking questions!   Icon_thumbup

Serial # is pretty useless unless you are in a cataloguing hobby. Schematics and the model no and rev.
Boy are you going to have fun with rubber wiring... having one myself now.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.