Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1201 really it followed me home!

Yup, any more Philcos and I'll have to find a dealer sign to hang on my front door!
Again as in my other finds it is unmolested and original. Wait a minute, the power cord has been patched.
Glad I retired to a life of leisure Icon_lol to a hobby of restoring old radios.

Those are cool little players! My wife has a photo of her grandmother sitting next to one. I'd like to get one someday but I'll wait for the right deal.

They are quite heavy to ship. Figure around $40 at a minimum, which can add a lot to the final cost if you go the eBay route to find one (and there are always examples on there available). There's one on there right now with a BIN for $29.95...with $49 shipping. I'm NOT advertising it, just citing it as an example of how shipping on one of these can cost almost twice as much as the radio itself!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Isn't it funny that the cost of fuel has gone down quite a bit, yet the cost of shipping keeps going up? Icon_thumbdown

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Very true, Ron. I sent a media DVD...in a paper sleeve and bubble wrap envelope...to a friend in the UK a few weeks ago. It weighed practically nothing, and I used to be able to send these to him for only a few dollars using small packet rate. The cheapest rate now was $13!!

Getting back to the 1201's, I once found one in pretty rough shape on eBay for $10 or best offer. Shipping was $20 (at the time). I offered the seller $1.00 for the set and they accepted. It was the "somewhat" harder to find 48-1201 (9 times out of 10 you're going to find a 46-1201 because there were SO many more produced under that model number during 1946-47).

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org