Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 Cabinet Reproduction

Mike, the base moulding will cover the nails.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Yeah...totally forgot about molding. Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have had some other projects going so I haven't worked on the cabinet for a while. There were a couple of issues with the veneer on the cabinet so, I decided to take the cabinet apart and redo it. I'm much happier with it now. I ground the shaper knives and made the base. 

[Image: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5714/2967...a0c5_k.jpg]Philco 20 Reproduction Cabinet by Steve Davis, on Flickr

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

...The Philco Ghost is nervously trying to light a smoke and then crumpling and tossing the cigarette while trying to light another one.....

Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

NNNNiiiicceeeee

Wow. Incredible. Another amazing accomplishment!

Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_wave

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Steve, you have some real serious talent there!

Gregb

A++ work
Icon_thumbup

Wow, very impressive work Steve! Icon_thumbup

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Excellent Steve, I hope you sell a boat load of cabinets to China. Show them what quality looks like Icon_wtf Icon_wtf Icon_wtf Icon_wtf Icon_wtf Icon_wtf Icon_wtf

No don't sell to China, or else they will stuff them with little cheap Chinese microchip radios but no one will know the difference as the cabinets will look right.

Very nice Steve.

Crist

I'd be interested in buying one.  But I'd have to find two small knobs and the dial escutcheon for the rejuvenated parts carcass I just acquired.  It had a warped chassis and two bad tubes in it, but the instant I replaced the two bad ones, the radio fired right up.  I just need a cabinet and speaker.  I didn't expect it to be that easy to repair, frankly.  (The dial was warped but a heat gun fixed that in about twenty seconds.)  I bought it as a parts backup for my recently restored Grandad's radio (my first Philco restoration) and I picked this up because the price was right.  (Less than I paid for that frikkin' filter choke transformer.)  Making it whole piecemeal wasn't my original game plan...this hobby is habit forming...

Steve, you never cease to amaze me with your woodworking skills! Just beautiful! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Hello Steve,
I think you have out done yourself on this one what great looking radio I have a Philco 20 Deluxe but my speaker fret needs repaired very weak design .

Sincerely Richard