Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dial glass for a tropic 42-760

Does anyone make them? If yes what would the price be like?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Radio Daze can recreate dials but if they don't normally stock one it can get expensive for them to reproduce just a one off, I'm not sure if anyone else can recreate glass dials though.
Regards
Arran

They don't stock those for 40s multyband Tropics. Considering stock items being about 30 bucks, custom can get to a 100 easily.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Do the have the broken one? If so you might be able to make one with some plastic and a transparency.

Terry

Radio Daze dos make glass dials for you. I had them make one for the 47-1230 I repaired. It was only $30.00 and now they have another dial they can sell to others too. That's how I put it to them when I asked if they would make it. I would try them, they might want to make it just so they can sell to others too.

Mike (morzh)

Isn't it a glass dial for a 53-960 that you need? Different than a 42-760...the 53-960 has an additional 49m spread band which the 42 model does not have.

Anyway...

I have a spare dial from a 53-960, and the glass is not broken. Yours if you want it. Let me know.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

Yes you are right, I tried to find the radio in the Tropics gallery and could not, so I thought that what it was. I comp!etely forgot that the model was shown in the topic in Online selling. Old-timers condition. You know. But they do look similar except 4 knobs vs 5....10 years and little change in looks.

Yes I want it, thanks! Really appreciate the generosity.

I'll bring it to K-town...that way the shipping goons won't have a chance to break it.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yep, that was what I was going to propose. I don't need it right now and, I think, this radio (claimed to play) will see the recap possibly within a year.