Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 cathedral conversion?

Has anyone out there ever converted a regular model 20 cathedral to a deluxe model? Do they make repop burlwood fronts and the columns below them?

There are few plain 20 cabinets that are in good enough condition to convert. If I had one in good condition, I would want to keep it original.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

I would never convert. I had harder time finding the plain in good shape than the Deluxe.

Plus...what to do with the grooves? Deluxe does not have them and the bezel does not cover it.

I would advise against it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Okay, just a thought. I didnt know if the columns would cover them or not. Ill leave it as is.

Just because ... I see this name "repop" from time to time .... what is "repop"? I can't find any company name that even comes close .... obviously I am stupid, but I'd like to know.

cheers

John

I think it is slang for "reproduction item".

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Repop is reproduction. You make a copy and pop them out one by one.

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I think you're pulling my leg Kirk .... I checked the online dictionaries before I posted and I didn't see what you posted, but .... I found "repro" (short for "reproduction"), so I'm guessing that "repop" is some new sort of rapper slang.

Thanks all.

cheers

John

John

No, Kirk is serious (for what may be the first time Icon_lol). I have heard - and read - the same expression (repop) numerous times.

I would assume that slang term isn't used in Canada.

Just like we don't end most of our sentences in "eh?"...

Icon_wink

No offense intended, I assure you.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

http://www.camaros.net/forums/11-bench-r...repop.html

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=270231

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

(04-08-2016, 04:35 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  John

No, Kirk is serious (for what may be the first time Icon_lol). I have heard - and read - the same expression (repop) numerous times.

I would assume that slang term isn't used in Canada.

Just like we don't end most of our sentences in "eh?"...

Icon_wink

No offense intended, I assure you.

What??  Kirk being serious??  The world as we know it is coming to an end.....

Ok, I've learned something today, but I think I'll keep using "repro". Repop just doesn't do it for me, and as for "repo", I think we should try to avoid having anything of ours being "repo'd" .... eh? Icon_smile

cheers

John

Agreed, yes...using the term "repo" in place of the term "repro" is just very poor English. "Repo" indicates a shortened version of "repossessed", not "reproduction".

We now continue with our regularly scheduled program of a Philco 20 cathedral cabinet...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

They said "repop", nor " repo". Like in "Repo man" with Emilio Estevez Icon_smile

Still bad English Icon_smile

Mike (morzh)

Man, I love ya like a brother, but...

I know they said "repop". I was answering John B. when he mentioned "repo" by seeing it in the first link I posted (the Camaro forum, post #2)...

Quote:Re: What's definition of "Repop"?
<snip>
Just a term used for repo or repop parts.

Repop - Slang for reproduction or remake
Repro - Also slang for reproduction part, item, etc.
Repo - Slang for repossession, repossess, repossessed

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Missed that one, sorry Icon_smile
Never heard "repo" in that sense anyway.