Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 116-B code 121

HAH! Got me a 116-B (Code 121) in good shape, except for the VDB lacquer. That should be as fun as doing my 16-B! I've never seen a Philco with VDB (Van Dyke Brown) to where most of the lacquer is still on it! LOL  I just keep saying, "I LOVE bakelite block condensers....".

Congrats, Steve! Let's see some pics. Did you get the shouldered tombstone or the rectangular one?

(04-12-2016, 01:03 AM)palegreenthumb Wrote:  Congrats, Steve!  Let's see some pics.  Did you get the shouldered tombstone or the rectangular one?

I got the shouldered one. JEEZE it's huge! I got the Deluxe Schematic,etc. from Chuck Schwark . Beats the heck out of NA/Rider's schematics! Even an old cuss like me can read it plain as day. I've only gone over the tubes, put some Philco-brand tubes in there. Best part about this radio is that the grille cloth is PERFECT!!

I WILL get my 89B to OSCILLATE! I have over a dozen 36s to see if  one of them will make it work
If that doesn't work, I will end up pulling the oscillator transformer and put it in the oven at 200 Deg for an hour to see if that brings its Q back. If that doesn't work, I'll put the oven on 'broil'!!!  Icon_lolno

SM

Hi Steve.

Philco oscillator coils are known for having open windings. Good thing is they are usually easy to rewind, if you can get to them.

Russ

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/