Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-116 Standard vs. Deluxe?

How much rarer is the stardard verson versus the deluxe version in the 37-116 console? You very rarely see the standard version.

No production figures exist which break down the numbers of 37-116 Standard vs. De Luxe production; Philco lumped them all together (35,000 total).

If I had to guess, I would say the ratio of standard to De Luxe models is somewhere between 1:6 and 1:12. Probably closer to the latter. Clearly Philco made many more De Luxe 37-116 than standard 37-116 sets.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Would one be worth pursuing for at a 3 hour drive and $125? Cabinet is in great condition. Don't know if it works.

Yes I would even if it were Deluxe version.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I'm actually picking up my second 37-116 deluxe tomorrow for $100. Just wondering if a standard would be a good addition to the twins, then I'd have triplets of the 37-116.

Seems like I read somewhere that the std was only made for the first 6 months of production. There are a few different version of these sets (37-116 delux). Early ones have push pins to connect the spkr. Later have a socket/plug. Most have 6B4 tubes but the very late ones have 6A5G and the later ones a different LO circuit, less trimmers.

Terry

I would definitely go for a standard for $125 and 3 hours of driving!

Either version is worth the trip for $125-.

- Geoff