Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 cathedral speaker cloth

If I'm not able to find a decent original speaker cloth for the Philco Model 20 cathedral I bought I'll need to buy a new piece. Who has the closest to the original? Thanks, for any help!

So far no leads on an original cloth. Any feedback on who has the best repro cloth?????

Used to be Daze. Not sure if anyone makes that pattern now.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I don't know if this will help, but this person has a selection available :

http://www.richmonddesignsinc.com/grille...oduct_page

you can try brets

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/brets-old-radi...1543.l2754

says uk but ships from dallas tx

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Thanks guys, for the tips. I was hoping that someone would know the closest pattern, since an exact copy doesn't seem to be available.

Pattern #20 by Daze, wasn't it? I bought it once.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

When Radio Grille Cloth Headquarters was still in business, it was pattern #52. No longer available. Icon_sad

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

So, is there anything that's closest? I don't have the radio yet, so maybe it'll be self explanatory, once it's here.

Hi guys!
You might email Mark Palmquist, the "Dialcover" guy. He had been bringing several styles of repo cloth to the radio meets. 
Go to dialcover dot com for contact info.
Gary.

Mark is usually at Kutztown meetings every time.

It's Mark's buddy Sam Mashburn that has the cloth. They are at the same booth at K-town, I do not remember which number but it's in the main pavilion not far from the north end.

Of course, that doesn't help SteveG since he is in California and, I assume, won't be there unless he flies.

Tell ya what. I will try to remember to look and see if Sam Mashburn has any suitable cloth. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Gary & Mike,
Thanks for the leads.

Ron,
I certainly appreciate that! I would take a large piece, so that I have extra.

I'd love to go KT, but for what it costs to be standing there, wondering how I would ship all my finds home, I'm better off buying off of CL and eBay.
Steve

Since it appears that the recommended replacement grill cloth for the Philco 20 is no longer available does anyone have a preferred substitution?

Welcome to the Phorum Ookpik!
Icon_wave