Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Correct Knobs for a Philco 16B 5 Bands

I an trying to find correct Large Knob for this Radio

I see from Parts List it is P/N  03063 Brown

Now the 16B 5 Band has Push/Pull type tuning for speed , Fast/Slow
I am also under the impression that the knob had a set screw to prevent pulling it off when changing Dial tuning speed.

Any information on this is welcome.

Thank You

Bob T

The tuning knob on some of the five band 16s had a hole drilled right in the center of the face, with a screw into the end of the shaft. I'm not sure if they were all that way.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

I think some had the set screw on the side, but I believe most had the screw in the center face of the knob as Steve mentioned.

Of course, we are referring to the 16B cathedral. The 16B tombstone with the 5-band chassis uses a hex knob with a set screw on the side.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Guys

Here is what I have learned, from your input and Searching for a while and help from Don Mcclellans restoration site

http://mcclellans.com/Philco16BCathedralRestoration.htm

Now we are referring to the Cathedral Model 16B early

There are two sizes of the Knobs  Medium and Large  P/N 03064 & 03063 . (from parts list found in Gernsback Volume IV page 170 on.)

The Parts list refer to the Medium size Knob as The SMALL Knob 03064  The Large knob as 03063

Now I believe both style of the large Knob could be correct.
Screw in center Face ( The Tuning shaft does indeed have a threaded hole in center)

Now Don has been kind enough to send me a Photo of his Large knob, which shows a set screw in the side of Large knob.

The Knob sizes as per Gary at Playthings   Large 1 1/8 X 5/8    Medium (Small) 7/8 X 3/8

So I believe the Knob question has been answered.

Thanks to All
Bob T

Attached Files Image(s)