Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 54

I picked up a nice little model 54 and I was just having a look at it and it is a run 1 radio that has never been touched. It has all of the original engraved base Philco tubes and there is not one single repair anywhere on it. Does anyone need any pictures of a pristine original Philco 54 for reference before I start work on it?

Gregb

Even if no one right now needs it, makes sense for you to make as many pictures and notes as possible.

I have Kirk's chassis, not sure it is 54, could be 53 or 59, they are all similar.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Yup, will do Mike. Thought I would offer if anyone was in need.

Gregb

+1 on what mike said. nice clear photos of an original unit are priceless.

I'd love to see those pictures too - and they would be a great resource for future restorers. The older these radios get the harder it is to find untouched examples.

As promised here are some pictures of the 54 chassis. Looks untouched to me.
Gregb

Attached Files Image(s)

Yep. very clean too!

I have on of those from Kirk. Not sure which 5x it is but very similar. The two big wire resistors are not easy to forget.

I heard they are a b**ch to work on. Too crowded.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks! Thats a nice clean chassis.

Beautiful - thanks for the pictures!

IF,,I remember right,,,Ron R. worked on something like this,,,,were he had to change out them coil resistors,,,

I think it was this 53C thread.

Well the one good thing is I know everything is good because the radio works as is.

Gregb