Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Other Radios (Non-Philco) all aglow gather here

Just finished my 1936 RCA Model 10K console. Looks neat all aglow!  Icon_thumbup

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Lol looks pretty neat  Icon_clap Icon_clap

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Nice tuning Eye

1938 Fairbanks Morse model 6AT4. Amazing what they could accomplish with two #47 bulbs 80 years ago!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Really like both of those dials Greg. Icon_thumbup

Olympic 6-608
[Image: https://66.media.tumblr.com/d1bdc74fd6a4...161f6e.jpg]

GE E-101

Attached Files Image(s)

Tony

“People may not remember how fast you did a job, but they will remember how well you did it”

RCA T8-18, sorry the actual dial washes out from the cover. It looks a lot clearer in person. Tried a lot of settings, but just couldn't get the camera to cooperate.
[Image: https://66.media.tumblr.com/ea903cf61761...bffdae.jpg]

Motorola 51X17,  a humble model, admittedly, but I've come to love this little thing, with all my blood, sweat and tears in it.
Many thanks , again, to the good Mr. Nagy for it's new 12SK7GT.  Icon_thumbup

Attached Files Image(s)

" . . . couldn't get the camera to cooperate."

Still a beautiful picture, nonetheless Mike!   Icon_surprised

Very interesting GE, Tony. How come the different background lighting to the dial ? Did you change the bulbs from the original to green LEDs ? I like that Motorola, Jake. Those little radios are a lot of fun, and that one came out very nice.

The GE E-101 along with a few other models use a saturable reactor to change which colored lights glow behind the dial. This was a radio I had always wanted for years and I found one. See the link for colorama tuning explanation. You can find these every now and then and I would love the E-155 console.

Colorama Tuning Pg 611

Tony

“People may not remember how fast you did a job, but they will remember how well you did it”

Tony, that colorama system, and the manner in which it operates is really neat - You learn something every day.

Cheers,

Ed

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

Ed, what can I say, I’m a sucker for fancy tuning indicators found on these old radios. I’d like to get a Silvertone or AK set with the neon tuning lights. I know a lot of those have bad neon tubes, so it will be hard. There is also a console where the dial pointer or section of the dial flashes as you tune in exactly. I think it’s called flash-o-graph. Cool stuff.

Tony

Here’s one I wish I had. Sorry it’s not mine in the post, but the video days it all.

Silvertone 4588 Tuning Light

Tony