Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello!

My name is Juan and i am from Spain.
And new to the forum.

I have some valve radios and two of them are Phico, a 54C and a 84B.
I want to tell you that your threads has been very usefull to me
because the two Philcos are repaired and working after replacing resistors, capacitors,
new tubes, two coils rewounded ...,   perhaps they need a little touch yet, but not too much.

Thank you Icon_biggrin

Pd. I do apologise about my english, i haven’t wrote in english since twenty years ago and I don’t use on line translators.

Hi Juan,

Welcome to the Phorum Icon_wave  

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your collection. Your English is very good Icon_thumbup

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Great to have you on the phorum. Your English is very good.

I think your english is pretty darn good...

When you get a chance, Add some pictures of your radios!

Mi nombre is Kirk... Me gusta radios.. Icon_lol

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Bienvenido Juan!

Para un muchacho que no se han Ingles utilizado en 20 años, el suyo es seguro que muy bueno. Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Icon_wave  Welcome to the Phorum!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Welcome to the forum.......And from far,far away!  Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

A very warm welcome from your friends here at the Phorum. We do covet photographs! Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Hi and welcome!
Glad to hear that you found the Phorum helpful! We also have other radio category that we may be able to help will other types of sets.

Terry

Weekend at last!

Well, in Spain there was some small brands, and there were too
many workshops that make their own radios, legally.
Many times, those 40's and 50's radios from different brands and workshops, seems kits because they use the same cabinet (cheap radio).
They have too a plate with serial number, a warning trademark and the "lux" tax.
And i have one or two that have no plate from origin, it was a more cheap radio, but imagine the origin Icon_rolleyes

And there was other radios "made in Spain" with licence from other european countries,
like Philips and Tekefunken since the early 20's and 30's. Those was more expensive.
USA's first brands came too at 30's, but the spanish civil war broke the relationship Icon_sad
For that reason there are so few USA radios fron those years in Spain, and survived until now.
I haven't seen yet an spanish Philco.

To have a radio became popular too late, at middle 50's.
Before, it was a luxury that only could have some.

Tomorrow i wil post in "non Philcos" some pics of a curious spanish 40's radio.
This brand used the same cabinet (i think this brand was the only owner's dessing of this cabinet) for different models with different circuits and tubes (AC-DC, AC, rimlock tubes, transcontinentals, even with tubes like 42, 80, ... ).