Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco style power plugs - who sells them?

Need some and suddenly no one sells them no more. I forgot who I bought them from the last time, could be Daze, but not them, not Renovated, ain't got no more.
The style I mean is the one Philco 20 would have.

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/crigot...t.jpg.html

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

This is where I have been getting them from.

http://www.antiquelampsupply.com/categor...lamp-plugs

Gregb

...wish I had known you wanted one, Mike...I would have thrown one or two in with the CARE package I just sent to you...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Greg, Ron,

Thanks guys.
Greg, yes this is what I need.

Ron, that's fine, I need to buy some anyway. I bought like 5 pcs in the past and had spend them all.

BTW then there is a question to you: is there information on which Philco used which plug? I understand this Acorn type was not used by all of them?
Radios like 118, 38-12(15), 39-6(7) etc?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Found some on eBay at $3.89. Bought 10.
The shipping it gave me was like for one piece, $0.89.
Well if the guys complains that eBay does not calculate the shipping correctly, I will accomodate him - let him combine shipment, up to $3 it still makes sense.

I've gotten them from Sundial as well.

(06-02-2016, 03:57 PM)morzh Wrote:  ...BTW then there is a question to you: is there information on which Philco used which plug? I understand this Acorn type was not used by all of them?

During production of the 1937 models, Philco switched from cloth-covered AC cord to rubber. The rubber cords would have had a molded plug, I believe (the exceptions being 37-690 and 38-690 sets which have special plugs with fuses inside). The same is true of 38-12, 38-15, 39-6, 39-7 and later Philcos.

I've never seen any info on particular plugs used by Philco 1928-1937. On those Philcos I have seen the type such as in the picture you posted from Photobucket, the "acorn" style, as well as some with the "mid century embossed" type plugs in brown Bakelite (which are not really Mid Century). The majority I have seen have been like that in the Photobucket picture, though.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Some of the G.E sets I have and have worked on used cloth cords and a molded rubber plug. However the plug, or rather the cord where it entered the top end of the plug, went bad so I had to cut them off and replaced them with Bakelite cap plugs.
Regards
Arran

(06-02-2016, 03:57 PM)morzh Wrote:  is there information on which Philco used which plug? I understand this Acorn type was not used by all of them?

I wouldn't be surprised if even Philco didn't kept track of that.  They probably used whatever plug their purchasing dept got the best deal on, that week of manufacturing.  

(06-02-2016, 07:39 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  
(06-02-2016, 03:57 PM)morzh Wrote:  ...BTW then there is a question to you: is there information on which Philco used which plug? I understand this Acorn type was not used by all of them?

During production of the 1937 models, Philco switched from cloth-covered AC cord to rubber. The rubber cords would have had a molded plug, I believe (the exceptions being 37-690 and 38-690 sets which have special plugs with fuses inside). The same is true of 38-12, 38-15, 39-6, 39-7 and later Philcos.

I've never seen any info on particular plugs used by Philco 1928-1937. On those Philcos I have seen the type such as in the picture you posted from Photobucket, the "acorn" style, as well as some with the "mid century embossed" type plugs in brown Bakelite (which are not really Mid Century). The majority I have seen have been like that in the Photobucket picture, though.

I have a 610 Bullet from '36 with the oval dial. The plug I believe is original and it's a Bakelite acorn type but with a loop on the end like on an older child's pacifier to pull from the wall. 

Welcome to the Phorum Iowa!
Icon_wave

A fellow in m y club suggested these folks once....

http://vintagewireandsupply.com/plugs-connectors/

Paul 

Tubetalk1