Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio Daze dials
Big Grin 

Hey, guys. Was wondering if anyone knows if the dial scales that Radio Daze has are true reproductions of the originals or if there is some discrepancy with them. I need one for a 37-620, but want to get one that's as close to original as possible Thanks, Ed

37-116 I have is not truly a faithful reproduction.

But I have heard they have improved since a bit.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks, Mike, maybe I'll just keep looking. Does anyone know it there are any other Philcos that use the same dial? Thanks, Ed

I got one a few years ago for my 37-620CS. I thought I was really pretty good. Haven't gotten to the set yet. Some company was making repro dials but couldn't get the amber colored dial material so they where using a sort of caramel colored material. I picked up a model 37-604C with one of those dials, printing is good but the dial looks not so good.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53710524@N...ateposted/

Terry

I have bought about a half dozen Repro dials for different radios from Radiodaze. I think that they are really pretty darn good!

Mark K8&Z

You may find dials for certain sets available from Old Radio Parts, Mark Oppat. It is a hit or miss proposition.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Mark's only problem is that he lost his supplier of the translucent material he used to make his (silkscreened) dial scales...so his supply is limited...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I like Radio Daze! I think they do the absolute best they can with the materials available. Some materials are no longer readily available so (for example) instead of gold foil, their repro is plastic. They provide a valuable service by doing special orders too. I have a Gilfillan 56A that had badly flaking paint on the glass dial. I sent it to them and they made an excellent repro for me also on glass. Is it an absolutely dead on perfect match for the original font and color? No, but it is so close and so well done that it's not worth worrying about.

+1 For Radio Daze dials

Well, looks like it will be Radio Daze. Really need to get one for this 620. Half the numbers are missing from the middle. Anyway, thanks for all the help guys, always appreciated. Ed

leftwing25, The repro scale I got about 4 or 5 years ago for my 37-630 from them was a decent replacement. Not quite as detailed as the original. I think that the 37-610, 37-620 and 37-630 and their variations all use the same dial scale.

Hey, Shaler, thanks for the response. That would make sense since apparently Philco and probably every other radio manufacturer used as many of the same parts as they could in different models to save on cost. Ed

You can also look here. I didnt look carefully at what Philcos he makes replacements for but I can say Ive bought replacment Truetone/Detrola stuff from him and they were perfect

http://www.radiolaguy.com/RadioDials-page2.htm

Just picked up from Radiodaze. Excellent!

(06-10-2016, 12:12 PM)TimC Wrote:  Just picked up from Radiodaze. Excellent!

Wow!  That looks really good.  Is that a glass dial, or plastic?