Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My 37-61 is finished

My 37-61 is finally finished. The Re-Faux Pro decals were not easy to put on, and really did not come out as well as I would have liked, but they look better then the original photo finish did, I think. Here are pictures, starting with a before picture.
[Image: http://67.media.tumblr.com/6a76edc01b52c...1_1280.jpg]
[Image: http://65.media.tumblr.com/d98b25aa0cd84...2_1280.jpg]
The radio plays beautifully on both broadcast band and shortwave. Hmmm... what to work on next?

That looks very nice!
Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

The decals look very good in the photo! Well done!

LOLOL, yes, I noticed that the band switch knob and fine tuning knob were switched. I've corrected that.

Looks good to me kid!

Paul

Tubetalk1

Very nice!

Crist

Very,Very ,,NICE JOB
Big Grin 

That looks great. Hope I can do nearly as well when I have to put one of those decals on a cabinet. Ed

Good luck, Ed. Now that it is done, I think I might just do a mask and faux paint instead next time using fine striping tape and masking tape, and take my time. The decals look OK, better than what it did, but they are not perfect. On a cabinet like mine, they come as 2 pieces, which have to meet in the middle, and getting them to meet and stay just right on that middle speaker rib is a real B17<H. Mine has a few tiny wrinkles there that I really could not manage to eliminate and keep everything together properly.It ends up one of those jobs where you wish you had about six hands at once to do it right, LOL, although that would probably just make it three times worse.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Looks like it would be hard to get on of those on a large cabinet in perfect order. I have a 620 with one of them on it that I bought from Kirk a while back. It looks good to me, and was one of the reasons I bought the radio. As you say, they're not perfect, but like everything will probably get better with practice. Kirk told me the one I have was one of his earliest efforts with decals and I think it turned out well. If you decide to paint your own be sure to show us the results. Sounds way too intense for me. Ed