Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 118 Finished

After two years my 118 is done. Came out pretty good. Original grille cloth. It plays very nicely. Someone had modified  the set to work with a loop antenna. Fortunately, the antenna coil was still there, just disconnected.
[Image: http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228...bd9f54.jpg]

Steve Chambers

I see only one image - it looks like maybe there were others?

But whatever - I can see you did a beautiful job! Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Beautiful job! I have one of those around here somewhere to get to some day. Hope there's no faux finish on it anywhere. Ed

Thanks!

All real wood on this one.

Steve Chambers

(06-12-2016, 02:45 PM)Nathan Slingerland Wrote:  I see only one image - it looks like maybe there were others?

But whatever - I can see you did a beautiful job!  Icon_thumbup  Icon_thumbup

Only one. I don't know how that other stuff got in there or how to remove it. 

Great job. Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Icon_thumbup  Congratulations ! It looks great.

That turned out beautiful   Icon_thumbup

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I took care of those two extra "broken" image icons for you Steve. Nice job!!!!!
Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

(06-14-2016, 03:36 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  I took care of those two extra "broken" image icons for you Steve.  Nice job!!!!!  
 Icon_clap  Icon_clap  Icon_clap

Thanks! Icon_biggrin

...I still only see one image...

But hey, Steve, congratulations on a great job! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN
Smile 

(06-12-2016, 02:37 PM)Steve Chambers Wrote:  Someone had modified  the set to work with a loop antenna. Fortunately, the antenna coil was still there, just disconnected.

I've been guilty of doing that,  Icon_mrgreen   but I leave the antenna coil for a subsequent owner to restore it later if they want to, just like with your radio.   I sometimes use a ferrite rod hidden inside.  

Beautiful! High on my list of Philcos to have, kinda surprised it's eluded me so long. But, here's to hoping!