Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lost thread

Well, this is interesting. Seems that I have misplaced the thread I had going here about the 600 padder in my silvertone chassis I'm trying to ressurect. Was here last night when I shut the computer off. JUst started up and it's gone. Anybody have any idea how that could happen. And is there any way to get it back?

see pm

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(06-15-2016, 01:26 PM)sam Wrote:  see pm

sam

Does soft mean the software did it? And if so how?

Hi leftwing,
I think you had "soft deleted" that thread. That means its been deleted from view for everyone except moderators and administrator. We look at it and most often go ahead and permanently delete it to free up space. Looking at the logs I was the guy that deleted it. I assumed you deleted it because you found the answer to your question. Sorry about that. Please just start a new thread on it. I don't recall your question but seem to remember it was something I might have been able to answer. And if I can't, I'm sure someone here can.

Oh...and the software does not soft delete it without the check box in the upper right of the post getting checked and the soft delete button getting pushed. If you are on a phone, sometimes things get accidentally pushed....

Thanks for the update, Bob. On my screen there is a delete box in the lower right corner with a red x in it. Would that be the one? I wanted to delete the post I had put up and thought that was what that was for. Could that have deleted the whole thread? Ed

You are right, I see a little different screen than you do. Yes the red X DELETE box will delete the post. It shows up to moderators as a "soft" delete. If you delete the first post in a thread, I believe it will delete the entire thread.

Looking back at the moderators log, I can't tell for certain what happened but it may be that i should have recognized your delete was going to kill the entire thread. If I had realized that I would have restored it. Unfortunately I did not and the thread is now gone...very sorry! Icon_redface